Last March 29, I was able to attend the breastfeeding talk and book signing event entitled "How to Win Over Breastfeeding Challenges" at the Medela House in New Manila, Quezon City.
Breastfeeding myths and facts were unfolded. Different breastfeeding positions, common challenges and what to do were discussed. Our speakers are Ms. Joyce Martinez, a registered nurse and a certified lactation consultant and in house lactation counselor of Medela Moms and Ms. Teresa Gumap-as Dumadag , Author of the Breastfeeding: The Journey Worth Taking. We also had sharings from other successful moms who had won over breastfeeding challenges such as Ms. Beng Feliciano of Medela Moms and Ven Avante of MomBabyFabric
Here are the 10 important points that I have learned during the talk
1. Breastfeeding is not just good for babies but also for mommies too.
2. Breastfeeding is not just a responsibility of the mothers but husbands can play a vital part like in gorging.
3. There is such a thing as tandem feeding if you have twins.
4. There is a fashionable way of breastfeeding that you can still do it in public. Check out MomBabyFabric for there latest nursing covers.
5. There are different positions in breastfeeding and choose the one that you are both comfortable with.
6. When latching, make sure you make the baby smell the milk first.
7. Size is not directly proportional to the amount of milk.
8. Crying does not mean all the time that the baby is hungry. Do not overfeed.
9. Having a support group on breastfeeding and motherhood is very important.
10. Everyone may encounter a breastfeeding challenge but everyone can win over it.
It was an awesome event that I was able to meet new mommy friends and expectant mommies too.
This event was presented by Full Life Cube and Medela Moms. Co-presented by MomBabyFabric and Sponsored by St. Patricks, Moringana, Mama Chows and Kindermusik.